Kathleen “Kathy” Drevik was born in Knoxville, TN and attended the University of Tennessee graduating in 1989 with a BSEE degree and then went on to complete coursework for an MSEE. She has been trained in Internal Audit Training (EMERGO) , AAMI Risk Management for Medical Device Manufacturers, Lean Manufacturing Training at CPS Innovations, and Basic six-sigma courses at Bechtel Power.
Kathy has been very active in the industry. These activities include:
• Vice-Chair of the IEEE Region 3 Membership Development Committee (1998-1999) • Chairperson of Oak Ridge Section, IEEE (1998-2000)
• Member, Region 3 Professional Activities Operations Committee (1998 – 2000)
• Editor of the IEEE East Tennessee and Oak Ridge sections newsletter, “The Communicator” (1994 – 2000) • Member of Advisory Committee for the UTK Department of Electrical Engineering (1999)
• Vice-Chair of Oak Ridge Section, IEEE (1994-1995 and 1997-1998)
• Successful EIT Examination (1992)
• Active in the UTK Student Branch of the IEEE and the IEEE Computer Society (1988-1990)
• Editor-in-Chief of the UTK IEEE Student Branch magazine Common Ground (1989 edition)
Kathy has received the following honors:
• Recipient of the Richard E. Merwin Scholarship, sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society
• Member of Phi Kappa Phi (1989), Tau Beta Pi (1989) and Eta Kappa Nu (1988)
You may also want to check out Kathleen Drevik’s blog about tech in the Knoxville area.